Management and Resident Services
Our goal is to enhance the world in which we live and to enrich the lives of the people who reside in our buildings. Our company's philosophy is embodied in our company credo, a portion of which states:
- A good reputation is hard to come by. We believe our reputation is based on the quality of our buildings, our standards of integrity and honesty, and our commitment to the well-being of our residents.
- We believe in equality of opportunity for all and assistance where needed.
- We believe that the way we treat our residents is returned to us exactly in kind.
- We strive for the confidence and trust of the public, whose support is critical for our success.
We have successfully managed a growing portfolio since 1984. All properties are maintained to the highest standards and are regularly monitored to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local programs and regulations.
We believe that the on-site staff is of critical importance to the success of the property, thus we maintain the highest employment standards for our management and maintenance employees. We believe it important to maintain positive and regular communication with our residents and to promptly satisfy requests and address complaints. We strive to complete all resident work order requests within 24 hours of receipt.
We pride ourselves on the quality and integrity of the services which we provide. This philosophy is also demonstrated through a variety of programs and services available to our residents.
Our resident services department is responsible for overseeing and monitoring activities and programs. The resident programming is designed to enrich the diversity surrounding our communities and the lives of the individuals residing in them. We offer educational, recreational, social, and/or vocational programs on-site and free of charge to the residents. Programming varies from property to property and is based on resident interest. Thomas Safran & Associates also participates in the annual Great Shakeout Drill to help prepare residents for emergency situations.
Our social services department fosters healthy communities and promotes self-sufficiency in our residents by assessing the needs of the community and procuring programs and services that will assist residents towards personal goal achievement. TSA provides access to key community resources that are instrumental in housing retention support and can provide residents with services and resources to enhance their quality of life. Current partnerships include: New Directions, St. Joseph Center, SSG, LA LGBT Center, and many more. Providing new programming is of paramount importance in demonstrating our care and concern for our residents and properties.
Children and Teen Services
- Financial Assistance: Various scholarship programs including TSA’s annual community scholarship, summer camp opportunities, and more.
- Creative Classes: Watercolor, digital imaging, photography, music, and more.
- Educational Classes: Tutoring, homework club, after-school programs, computer classes, financial literacy classes, and more.
- Exercise Classes: Basketball, zumba, yoga, gardening, and more.
- Vocational Programs: Volunteer and employment opportunities.
- Social Activities: Monthly birthday parties, movie nights, ice cream socials, holiday celebrations, BBQs, and more.
- Referrals: Our Resident Services Department has developed strong relationships with local social service providers to help residents who are in need.
- Creative Programs: Jewelry classes, quilting groups, arts and crafts, crochet time, scrap-booking, and more.
- Exercise Programs: Yoga, Tai Chi, walking clubs, social dances, senior exercise classes, and community gardening.
- Educational Programs: Various health seminars, financial literacy classes, ESL classes, internet and computer classes, healthy cooking classes, inter-generational programs, and more.
- Social Activities: Billiards, croquet, bocce ball, bingo, coffee socials, karaoke, table games, holiday celebrations, BBQs, and more.